View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 11:16 AM   #4
gbrown

Picked bike up last Thursday and had 15 miles back but it rained on me 1 mile from home! Typical. Finally stopped raining yesterday and had a chance to run up to Weston Super-Mere to start getting used to it. First thoughts are very pretty, quite loud (how loud must they be with termi's and no baffles?). Much more comfortable in Leather Jeans than in denim as there is much less sliding forward into the tank. Handle's very nicely but the suspension seems a little too hard (constant jarring even on average roads).

Had a chance to try it in town, country and motorway. Very windy on motorway but quite tolerable at usual motorway speeds, if a little boring. Much nicer on quiet country roads. Need to think about lowering gearing as it might make it easier to ride in 20 and 30 limits (have a 20 limit just down the main road from our house).

Hope engine will loosen up once run in, as it seems quite tight, especially at low speeds.

Need to try adjusting suspension and lever spans to suit, and might order a touring seat to improve comfort.

Also need some new leathers as I'm 2.5 stone less than when I last wore my leather jeans and it's only the fact that they are zipped to my jacket that stops them falling down.

Cheers,

Geoff
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1703.jpg (31.7 KB, 35 views)