Thread: S4 Foggy
View Single Post
Old 16-09-2009, 08:48 AM   #7
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
You'll be OK, the monster feels very light as the mass is all pretty low down in the frame. The motors are great but your first impression is going to be that its very lumpy, depends what you rode before but it could be up to the OMG Its gonna fall out level! and it will sound mechanically loud, even with the water cooling. They make lots of torque so running at low speeds is easy, on the standard gearing it can be a bit frustrating, going down a tooth on the gearbox helps.

As pointed out elsewhere you're going to have to get the belts changed BEFORE you use it or start it again, the potential for expensive mechanical noises is going to be high if its been standing. Best would be trailer it over to someone like Riders in bristol and get a service and check done. The tyres will be hard and need replacing even if they look OK.

Give me a shout when you're sorted, I can pop over and drag you over this way onto some relatively quiet roads with enough corners to get the hang of it all again.