View Single Post
Old 22-02-2009, 04:44 PM   #6
JMo

Glory days...

Funny you say that Seb - I actually hated Miami... well not exactly hated it, but was dissapointed... it is just another huge sprawling US city these days (although the beach front is still nice, even if the restaurants are robbers!)...

I've been lucky to ride all over the USA these past few months, and not being a city person I much prefer the openness and scenery of the west - the mountains in Colorado and Utah, the desert in Arizona and Nevada, the forests in Oregon and California... Florida is so flat, and the roads so busy and dull comparision! I seem to have been in a queue of traffic for 2000 miles already!

I'm currently in Orlando (cheap hotels thank goodness!), but to be honest riding round the city is like taking the M25 back and forth between Staines a Cherstsey - just miles of concrete motorway, mental drivers, and the odd rollercoaster sticking up from behind a tree... x

I feel Florida is just one big a tourist trap, and seemingly out to fleece you as much as possible - toll roads, parking meters, aggressive drivers, expensive hotels... no wonder so many Brits feel right at home!

But you're right about the weather - luverly!

I'll be heading off to Daytona next weekend, then heading north to Tenessee to ride some proper roads, then head back west after that (thank goodness!) - back to some sort of sanity!

xxx