View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 01:56 PM   #1
YellaMonsta

Wellcome from the YellaMonsta

Hi guys,

I have been looking to get a my first big bike after my DAS a few weeks ago. I was looking at SV's and the like, Bandit or Hornet. You know cheap biking.

My ultimate bike would be a Ducati Sport Classic 1000 Paul Smart replica. That’s the bike that floats my boat. Well I am not up for that kind of purchase quite yet. Next year may be different.

i never thought about getting a Monster because of the usual, it will break, its slow, its badly built, its not in your budget... etc.

I went to see a bike last night and my heart totally ruled my head and against my better judgement and that of my biking mates, I bought a 1995 Ducati 600 Monster. It was high miles for a Ducati with a genuine 23,000 on the clock. Well some of my mates seem to think that’s high for a Ducati.

I paid bang on parkers list price for it, which makes it so far under my budget its unture.
The nice chap I bought it from sells bikes for a living and delivered it to me and gave me a water proof cover from his Daytona as he knew it would be a while before I get a garage space for it. Very decent of him.
It’s yellow (the colour I really wanted) and it’s had two new tyres a full service and the belts done, new bearings and over all it’s a nice bike with perfect front forks and seals. It has a year’s tax and mot and it’s been fairly well maintained.

I am over the moon and can’t wait to clean it up to my standard and detail it. I can’t believe I bought a Ducati. My wife is so happy for me as this is the brand she likes the most.

I know its just a plain jane 584cc bike and only has around 50bhp, but I am dead chuffed. Its a DUCATI!!! What a great first bike and I'll maintain it to a high standard, do most of the work bar electrics myself.

I don’t have picture but this is what it kinda looks like.

It felt small though when I sat on it. So light compared to the CBF600 I learned on and the engine feels different when revving. V Twin??

Now I just need some insurance any recommendations?

Cheers

Al