View Single Post
Old 30-06-2008, 10:29 PM   #23
Rancid Badger

This is going to go against the grain some, but I've had nothing but exemplary service & support from SeaStar.

I bought my first Duke (749) from Veloce, who sadly are no longer with us. I had ordered my 1098s a week before they closed & so moved my order to the next closest dealer (Parkinson's) - who gave the most chuffin awful service I have ever come across.

Before my bike was even delivered I approached Vince at Seastar, explained the situation (that he wouldn't be getting a sale out of me, but probably would servicing etc), he was very friendly & accomodating - as I have subsequently found all of their staff to be. I now know them all by name, as they do I.

Seastar have carried out all of the servicing on my 1098s, fitted the Termi's, PCIII, dyno run, custom fuel maps etc. All I can do is praise their professionalism. On the odd occasion when I've ordered a part & it's either been on a stupidly long lead time or has come in sub standard, they've let me know straight away & refunded or organised an alternative. From being in business myself, I know that things do not always run 100% smoothly & so it's a breath of fresh air to find an honest dealer, who'll give you the full SP rather than BS or ignoring you (like Parkinson's).

I've now bought myself an S4Rs, which was their demo bike: 14 months old & 850 miles.

I appreciate that some people will have had different experiences, but don't write them off if you haven't tried them recently - personally I would have to have a bloody good reason to take my bikes elsewhere. I didn't get as good service as this from Veloce - whose owner I knew personally.