View Single Post
Old 24-06-2008, 09:30 PM   #49
PeterPoddy

Heheheee....

I love winding people up about this. It's like shooting fish in a barrel.
It's very tongue-in-cheek and you should have got that with all the smileys I put in the post.
Chill out, dudes...!
TBH I'd love some Termis really..... I AM vain, I admit it!

Just remember this next time you get pulled by the cops, eh? And when you see/hear someone moaning about "nuscience bikers" or when you're grovelling round on the floor putting your standard cans on the night before your MoT!
;o)
(See another smiley!)

On a more serious note, MoT stations are clamping down on cans.
I had a road legal race can (Blue Flame Evo) on my previous bike, a 2001 Speed Triple. They passed it on the MoT 3 years running then this Spring the very same tester (same signature on the paperwork, I checked) failed it for the noise.
I was mightily pissed off, as you can imagine, as it was stamped and properly legal with the baffles in.
The explanation was that it's all down to "testers discression". Basically he got out of the wrong side of the bed that morning, I reckon. I had to go home and refit my standard can, skinning my knuckles in the process, and when I returned I watched them closely and they never even looked at the bike again, never mind test it!
Yeah, maybe I just got a tosser for my test, and I honestly hope it doesn't happen to you. Just be warned, that's all I'm saying....