View Single Post
Old 31-07-2007, 10:38 AM   #3
Zimbo
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Sunday morning is dry after a night of heavy rain, the Gazebo has collapsed so we put it back up, I’m still fast asleep and have a headache as we form up for morning warm up, ten minutes of fast track action soon clears that and wakes me up and it’s back to the paddock to find the girls have breakfast cooked ready, excellent! Deliberate on changing the rear sprocket for race two, going down one tooth to 44, but I’m worried I’ll lose drive out of the chicanes and decide to leave it as it is, didn’t seem any slower than the others down the straights. We watch the sound of thunder race which a few of our lads are out in, there’s a multi bike accident and Ali is one of the ones down, his second fall of the weekend, bike even more trashed but it’ll get back out on the grid ok, he’s starting to look a bit beaten up though. Fuel up, last tyre pressure check, form up for race 2. Lights on for ages again, when they go out there’s a faller on my front left immediately, I keep it pinned as he’s not in my line. Got a good start but passed round the outside by three bikes into Quarry, I get them back one by one, the last one is Kev Mooney on the second last lap then it’s head down and drive for the line knowing he won’t be far behind, making sure I keep the speed up everywhere and don’t relax or make a mistake, as we hit the last chicane there’s part of the tyre wall spread across the track on the apex so have to take avoiding action, out of the last turn and over the line, Kev is right beside me, I’ve got him by just half a bike length, 0.05 seconds! 10th for me again. Lap time down to 1.31. The faller on the start is none other than Ali Knight, collided with another bike and went down for the third time of the weekend, leaving him with another four broken ribs to add to the one he arrived with. He seems unfazed though, if a little sore, and expects to be well up for Donington in two weeks!

So, no offs for me and two tenth places, not brilliant but it’s all points. I’m left in a comfortable fifth place in the championship and shouldn’t get caught now as long as I keep my head down and don’t fall off! A good team effort in the paddock, Chappers was brilliant as Pit Bitch, well organised and always ready with paddock stands and general help, Scrumps was good company and went shopping on every possible occasion, we didn’t mind though cos she brought back a case of beer, thanks to everyone who popped in and said hi it was great to see you!
Next stop, Donington Park, 12th August!
Zimbo is offline   Reply With Quote