View Single Post
Old 01-07-2007, 09:19 PM   #13
gremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixx View Post
what did they do to your bike?
went in for a simple tyre change, they bent the wheel , cost £500 for a new one.
sold mrs gremlin a "none approved helmet" (my xmas pressie). when i took it back to complain, was told a load of b****ks, in the end got trading standards involved, they had to back down and give a refund .
took my bike (jap 1000) for a main dealer service, (not seastar) but wasnt convinced it was running right. took it up to seastar for a dyno run, just to see if all was ok...they wouldnt put it on the dyno coz it wouldnt work unless i paid to have it dyno jetted , and coz the standard exhaust is craap, i would have to have a new end can..????quoted £750.00 ??? what just to see if it is running right ??? yes they said.
well you can guess what i said .....!!!!!!
any way, i am always prepared to give people a second chance, first the dyno thing, then the brain bucket. on the third go, i took my wheel off so they could fit a tyre (surely the cant do that wrong ).. bad mistake...
the wheel came back bent over an inch out from front to back, and flattened on one edge by 3/4 inch. infact it was so bad, that when it was rolled over a smooth wooden floor, it fell over. a 6 1/2" rim ffs!!!! prior to removing wheel i had just been for a blat at well over the instant ban limit with no sign of a wobble, got home, washed bike, removed wheel and gave it a proper clean, not a scratch to be seen, but when i went to pick wheel up, the rim was really badly skuffed and large flake of powdercoat hanging off , as well as being bent !!!!! so they eithr f**ked it up on their bead breaker, or i got someone elses wheel back.. anyway they wouldnt do anything about it, tossas. i can give various stories from others about them from other bike owners, including burned valves from inccorect dynoing, rear wheel spacers not put back on , so that wheels flop around..the list goes on ...

spleen vented...........that felt good