View Single Post
Old 04-09-2006, 09:01 PM   #2
Zimbo
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Back on circuit, proper race start this time and make up a couple of places. Getting faster through the fast corners, Bones almost T-bones Grib at Sears and goes off, tyres smoking, onto the grass and rejoins behind. He comes past me again, on a mission, takes Grib and Butch and disappears. I'm struggling to hold position, they draw away a little, I concentrate on building corner speed and it pays back, I take Lucie (Grib)on the brakes at the end of the back straight into the chicane, then Butch on the outside of Corums, I'm enjoying this now, Corums I'm taking flat out in top, throttle pinned to the stop and knee dragging on the tarmac, feels great. I come up on Bones into Sears,tuck in behind him down the back straight but can't quite get a slipstream, am on his back wheel into the bombhole and planning my pass when yellow flags are shown, hold off cos you can't pass under yellows, then the red flag comes out, there's a faller on the outside of Corums and he's laid out and not moving. Race is stopped, we've completed 8 laps so That'll be declared as a result then, shame as I'd have made up another place, but no big deal I suppose. Back to the paddock, we're all asked to leave our bikes, more concerned about the faller, Chris Woods is the rider, an Ausie on a 600SS, he came off in race 1 as well, turns out he was fighting for the 583cc lead and fell after contact with another bike in Corums, must be 90mph plus. The ambulance takes him to the med centre, he reappears later having been out cold for 10 minutes but is OK luckilly.
Back to the bikes, it seems there's been a protest against the 620 winner Domski's bike, suspected of being illegal spec, so the bike is stripped there and then by AK and is found to be completely legal. Slob gets monica back, race results aren't declared until the protest is sorted, at last they come in and I'm 30th, best lap 1.30.20. Happy enough with that, with that lap time I'd be on for a top ten finish in class with a decent qualifying position, not to be this time, but I'm looking forward to Cadwell on October 8th. Well done to Domski as he's secured the 620 class championship win here, and to Fil2 as he's secured the 583 class championship too.
Special thanks to Slob too for his help, it's appreciated and makes being there a whole lot easier!

Zimbo is offline   Reply With Quote