View Single Post
Old 07-08-2006, 07:45 AM   #8
sadbiker

Well everyone, thanks for the information,

To give people an idea of what I have to play with, I am able to get a bike put on my policy basically as long as I had a bike on Saturday, otherwise it will be void as my S2R was a total loss, I am looking at £600 for my next renewal. Plus I don't want another new one as I need to keep my spending in check.

So here go's.

JHP Coventry, spoke to Mark and he offered a very good deal on a new one. No second hand ones yet. Basically a recommendation from Chappers has very good sway here. So anyone thinking of a new one give Mark a ring. My problem is I can't wait to long and Mark will not have any ready till September. But my impressions were great place to deal with, Thanks for the info Chappers.

Ducati Wolverhampton, Had a 3 month old 272 mile Red and White S2R1000.
Decided to go there first thing Saturday Morning and have a look at it. Because of this web have doubts about Aylesbury, But will go onto Aylesbury afterwards. Found the shop to be Ducati heaven (Cors words), Tony wasn't around but Bob showed me the bike. To be honest it looks as if it has been stored. Battery wasn't connected so could check mileage fully but it looked like a bike with 272 miles and dust. Story is this and the one at Aylesbury were part of a fleet which were over in Isle of Man for a group of Americans. They were then sold onto the dealer network for Demo use. Felt the atmosphere at Wolverhampton was very friendly, if anyone wants a nearly new S2R1000 then I would leg it quick I don't think you will be disappointed.

Ducati Aylesbury. We carried onto Aylesbury to have a look at this one. I decided to spend an hour just moseying around when we got there, no sign of the bike so must be round the back. Got chatting to a few people, they gave a better impression of the dealer than I have heard so far so to be honest it balanced out the negativity a bit in my mind. I then went and found Alex and he got the bike out. Yep it looked like a bike with 500 miles on clock. A couple of the fasteners had the slight tell tale signs of being stood outside, (rear axle nut and brake banjo's). But it looked as good as the one from Wolverhampton. Basically Alex was apologetic about getting the Initial Regestration and Age wrong and showed me on the computer how. Fair enough, but I still put the annoyed customer across, which got another £100 knocked off the price. This included Datatagged, 500 mile service (I may get the belts rechecked to be on safe side). And full 2 year Warranty as the 1st owner slip had never been sent off. Unlike other manufacturers it is not on the date of first regestration but on date of sale.

So Guys I know what you have said and I have taken all into account and would like to thank you all. I won't be using them for any future service as Riders or Luigi Motors are local for me. I am taking a risk but found that out 3weeks ago when I was thrown off my first bike and it was written off. After seeing the bike plus it was all ready for me to take it I felt it was my best and quickest option.

The bike is now in my garage and a bit of elbow grease and polish has brought up the fasteners back to A1 condition. I rode it back from Aylesbury, still sore on my shoulder and ankles but made it home ok.

Next step is getting my money back from the Insurance.