View Single Post
Old 04-08-2006, 02:33 PM   #2
Gilps

That's where I got my bike from. I did the deal with them over the phone and they gave me a couple of hundred quid off. They bought my Triumph off me at the same time over the phone without seeing it, I gave them a couple of thousand quid off

They were OK with me. Friendly enough but seemed not bothered either way whether I bought from them or not. Their after sales though is a different story. I found them to be rude and unhelpful and as a result will not deal with them again. sad really when their sales guys did an OK job and the service reception guy can cost them money in future sales. Also my 600 mile service was carried out by Pegasus in Reading who discovered my engine was shagged. I ended up with new pistons and barrels due to lack of compression. It had been like it from the day I picked it up so either Ducati's QC is cr@p or the person who put 12 miles on the clock before handing it over to me ragged the sh1t out of it. The guy I spoke to at Ducati seemed to think it was the latter.
This thread may help you make you mind up.
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=13374
I don't think a couple of months will make much difference though and it looks like they are trying to sort it out.