View Single Post
Old 25-04-2006, 01:03 PM   #2
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
continued

By the time race 1 is called on the tannoy it's drying slightly so we drop the tyre pressures a bit and Doug brings it home in 13th with a best lap of 1:09... excellent!
Dessie gets cleaned and inspected again, chain lubed (sorry Lin) and tyre pressures rechecked.
By the time race 2 comes round it's absolutely tipping it down again. Doug managed 20th after a good scrap with Paul Martin, on CK&AK's classB bike(see photo in the gallery) and our garage-mate Phil Harris, who he just takes at the chequered flag.
I have the utmost respect for these guys and gals, I wasn't looking forward to riding home in the pouring rain, they were out there racing in it!
The bike is then cleaned, the bars re-adjusted to where they'd started and the whole shebang returned to Chas for the journey home. All in all a good weekend considering the weather.
Doug getting another signature on his race license plus 19 championship points, leaving him 1 point behind Zimbo and we still managed to return Dessie cleaner than we got it.
Nice to see Muttley, Scrumpster and Dibble in the pits, sorry for those of you we didn't see but we were a bit out of the way in the pit garages rather than the paddock.
Only two weeks to Assen, which makes the Desmo Due the only UK club championship that races on two Moto GP circuits, I can hardly wait.

Last edited by slob; 25-04-2006 at 09:21 PM..
slob is offline   Reply With Quote