View Single Post
Old 08-02-2006, 10:15 PM   #1
STIVH

Hello and Good Evening

Well I have spent the last couple of days checking out this and many other Duke forums and getting reacquainted with Ducati folk ( my last being an 860 GTS in the early eighties!!!!!! and yes I'm an old git?)

So HeLLo To yOu AlL

It looks like a great site, if any one is up,down or over this way and you fancy a cuppa just shout you are more than welcome plus you can come and scratch your head and help me decide how I am gonna go about finally rebuilding my shed of a Honda hardtail (a relic from the late seventies). Another good reason to go riding on the Duke!

£900 squids worth of Canary Yellow M600 now sitting in the garage, various jobs sorted only the forks and new cam belts to do............however I do know the engine was taken apart due to a cam belt snap several years ago and finally rebuilt early last year, it's noisy and I can live with it but I do suspect I might have a loose nut (?) somewhere in one of the cases if the threads on this forum are anything to go by, so heres the Q - do I need gaskets or will grey silicon/haermerthingy suffice when rebuilding?

I have an original Ducati mechanics manual winging it's way to me some time soon but if I can do this by the weekend I might get to ride the beasty by then aswell?

Take care all and hopefully see one and all sometime?

Steve.

Last edited by STIVH; 08-02-2006 at 10:26 PM..